Best LED Work Lights in 2020
A good work light makes it easier and quicker to finish your work indoors and out, particularly in dim spaces. Moreover, a good light will emit proper illumination. It keeps you safe irrespective of the place, time, and thing you are working on. Whether metal-working or woodworking.
Work lights are different from home lights in their wattage, construction, and design. One of the best work lights are LED lights since they are inexpensive, efficient, bright, and long-lasting. These lights ensure great illumination. They cut power consumption with less heat generation, saving money in the long run.
But, with lots of options on the market today, it becomes quite tricky to find the best one that fits your needs. Don’t worry since we have curated a list of the top five LED work lights for you. All these work lights are of high-quality, reliable, and low-priced.
1. Olafus 60W 6000LM LED Work Light
This LED work light from Olafus provides 60 watts of light with 6000 lumens and 96 LED light chips. You can light up dark spaces and large areas using this work light. It features two brightness modes, high and low, which enable you to control the amount of power you want to use at a time. High setting produces 6000 light lumens and the low produces 3000 light lumens. The high setting is ideal for illuminating a big area.
Moreover, this work light has a lifespan of 50,000 hours, which means you can light up your job site for many years to come. It has a warranty of five years as well, which allows you to replace the light or get it fixed in case of any issues. This indicates that the manufacturer is confident about their product. You don’t have to feel any threat anymore since this work light will make you feel completely safe. The 120-degree beam of this light is adjustable as per the direction you are working in.
One of the features that make the Olafus LED work light stand out from others is it is waterproof with a rating of IP65. This means you can use it in snow or rain. On any construction site or outside without worrying that it will get damaged by water. This powerful and waterproof LED work light is great for mechanics as well. Perfect with its adjustability, brightness, and durability.
- Two brightness levels, high is 6000 lumens and low is 3000 lumens
- The power button is covered with a soft plastic cap for outdoor use
- The rubber grips on its stand make it stay in place and its soft-grip handles protect your hands
- The advanced heat sink extends LED lifespan
- Comes with a stand for construction site usage
- Wide-angle rotation of 180 degrees
- The location of the power button and tightening screw is a bit awkward
- The power cord is short in length
2. Hallomall 15W 24LED Spotlights Work Lights
This Hallomall work light provides enough light in worksites. You can also use it as an SOS light, spotlight, or outdoor light owing to its versatile nature. Hallomall is a well-known brand on the market, so you can trust this work light offered by this brand. This bright light is quite handy, waterproof, and lightweight.
The strong leg of this Hallomall spotlight lets you place it steady on any surface. It's equipped with 28 high-quality in-built LED bulbs. That provides 1600 lumens of illumination with only 15 watts of power consumption. 24 LED bulbs emit white light. Four LED bulbs emit red and blue light for sending SOS signals to notify other people in an emergency.
The light also features a 360-degree rotating head that allows you to move its head wherever you are working. This portable work light is easy to use and ideal for outdoor and camping projects. You can also use this light indoors in case you want to brighten up your room during a power cut. The aluminum alloy shell of the light makes it sturdy, durable, and weatherproof.
Moreover, this Hallomall work light has two in-built USB ports that produce 5V on 1A current. This way you can use it as a power bank to charge other USB-driven devices, such as your cell phone. But, the rechargeable batteries of this light are not so robust. Since you have to charge them after every one to two hours of usage and the light starts to dim after half an hour.
- Three light modes of low, strobe, and high in both flash and SOS options
- Great emergency gear with red and blue lights
- Waterproof with IPX 5 level rating
- Works between 110 to 240v
- Produces color temperature up to 6000k
- Two USB ports produce 5V on 1A current
- Less power consumption of just 15 watts
- Battery life is only for one to two hours
- Lack of content in its user manual
3. PowerSmith PWL2140TS Dual-Head 40W 4000 Lumen LED Work Light
PowerSmith PWL2140TS is a powerful dual-head work light. It comes with a heavy-duty 4.5 feet tall metal telescopic tripod. This enables you to adjust its height per your needs and place it in various work settings such as your garage.
This LED work light is ideal to illuminate wide areas owing to its 4000 lumens of bright light. The two lamps provide excellent daylight color rendition and can adjust from 30-degree down to 90-degree up. It makes it flexible to use at work and enables you to focus the light on a specific area.
Plus, you can remove the lamps if you want to work on the ground. But, even though the two lamps have their own power buttons, they are not detachable. You can’t remove the power cord that joins them together.
This work light features a sealed and tough die-cast aluminum housing protecting it from damage. This makes it long-lasting since aluminum is weatherproof and non-reactive. Moreover, you can use this work light in and outdoors for all types of DIY and professional projects.
This waterproof work light is five times more energy-efficient. As compared to a halogen light, it's up to 80% of savings on your energy bills and power consumption of only 40 watts. This electricity-powered work light has a 9 feet cord that extends its maneuverability. But it does limit its usability with no battery option. This is a durable, versatile, and convenient work light.
- Made of sealed and sturdy die-cast aluminum housing and impact-resistant glass
- Adjustable tilt of up to 90-degree up and 30-degree down of each light individually
- Super-bright and durable dual LED lights that produce 4,000 TRUE lumen bright light and 5,000 k color temperature with 50,000-hour rating
- The power cord is 9 feet long with grounded plug
- Illuminates long distances as well
- Easy to use and metal telescopic tripod for adjusting its height
- All-weather capability
- The legs of the stand are large, which can make you fall
- The power button is made from plastic and is not much durable
- Not easy to move it once you set it up
4. PowerSmith PWL110S 1080 Lumen LED Work Light
One of the primary things that you will notice in this LED work light is its distinct green color. This gives it an attractive appearance and catches your attention. This light has 1080 bright lumens, 5000 k color temperature, and 14 LED light chips. Which provides the best lighting in any dark spot.
The light's designed with a large metal hook at the top that allows you to hang it. Handy to get an overhead light in your auto shop, garage, or any other shop. Plus, you can tilt its head to 360 degrees depending on where you want the illumination.
The adjustable rotating head of PowerSmith PWL110S lets you brighten up a spot by switching its position. So there's no fret about a hovering light. This work light is equipped with a protected and sealed power button. This allows you to switch on/off the device without damage. The light comes with a warranty of two years, which keeps you worry-free about replacing it.
Moreover, this LED work light is waterproof and weatherproof. It's quite versitile for both inside and outdoor projects. PowerSmith PWL110S is powered by electricity and has a heavy-duty and long power cord of 5 feet. That lets you go farther in case you have to work a little bit away from the power source.
Furthermore, the LED work light has plastic or rubber end caps that cover sharp edges in case you drop it. You can also place this flashlight on a flat surface owing to its rugged metal stand that is welded to it. This durable LED work light will last for years to come.
- Offers 1080 lumens of maximum brightness
- Equipped with a huge metal hook
- Ideal for both outdoor and indoor use since it’s made of a weatherproof material
- Portable and durable
- Protected power button
- Adjustable 360-degree tilting head that lets you position it exactly where you want
- Has a power cord since it’s powered by electricity
5. XQOOL Portable LED Work Light - 2 Pack
This portable work light comes in a pack of two. It is one of the best floodlights for outdoor use since it is waterproof, lightweight, handy, and compact. Each light weighs one pound and comes with a flexible handle, which makes it easy to carry.
These handheld lights work with lithium-ion, rechargeable batteries, which make them convenient and versatile to use anywhere for outdoor activity. Whether it's for fishing, hiking, camping, or some outdoor work like a car repair. The batteries are 65 mm long and 18 mm in diameter with a capacity of 4200 mAh. They give you two to three hours of full brightness with continuous use.
This cordless work light produces 1500 lumens of bright light with 30 watts of power. It has three light modes to choose from, which means you don’t have to always use it on high power. Moreover, the light has an IP65 level rating, which also makes it dust-resistant and extremely durable. It can endure a water jet that throws 12.5 liters of water per minute from any direction.
XQOOL LED light has three brightness levels, including strobe, low, and bright. The 180-degree tilt head of this light enables you to move it to specific areas. This LED light comes with a USB charging function, which lets you recharge it via the cigarette lighter in your vehicle. Plus, you can use the batteries as a power bank to charge your cell phone or any other device during emergencies. You will find four batteries and two USB cables with this LED light package.
- Adjustable with 180-degree rotation
- Three brightness modes of stroboscope, low, and high with a maximum brightness of 1500 lumens
- Waterproof with IP65 level rating
- Lightweight, compact, durable, portable, and easy to carry with a wide support handle
- Cordless with lithium-ion, rechargeable batteries of 4200mAh
- 30 watts of power
- USB output of 5V 1A, which makes it work as a power bank for quickly and conveniently charging your phone or other devices during emergencies
- The handle is made of plastic
- Batteries don’t last for a long time since they take several hours to charge, which means you have to constantly charge this light to make it work for a long time while you use it
- No magnetic base or stand
So, these are the top five LED work lights that you can buy for yourself. You can go through the reviews of all these best LED work lights and decide rationally which one would be the best work light for you as per your requirements, future jobs, work style, the features you want, and your expectations out of the light. These LED work lights can help you save energy, environment, as well as money with more brightness and longer life.