Now that the whole world is experiencing from high priced services, one has to be clever enough to save money and still maximize the service. Not only thus it enables financial saving for the consumer, it also entails a move into saving the natural environment due to lesser coal burning. There are so many practical ways that is applicable to a lot of discipline. Some of the ways are:
1. The most practical and basic cost-reduction scheme that has been proven very effective is by turning-off unnecessary appliances when not in use. This is especially true for appliances with motors such as electric fans, television sets, etc., and those that emit heat, like flat iron, microwave oven, heaters, lights, etc. This type of appliances employs the function of transformers that introduces inductance and most likely to produce wasted energy because of the added consumption in the transformer.
2. Instead of just turning off electronic devices, it is more advised to unplug it. Electronic devices are still consuming energy even if it is turned-off because it still has standby current, that even though negligible at first time, it can be accumulated and can still add-up to the total energy consumption and bill.
3. Schedule activities that are done in a weekly basis such as washing and ironing clothes. Washing the clothes at the same time will not only enable power saving, but also water and effort savings.
4. Arrange things in the refrigerator to enable proper air circulation around the refrigerator. Avoid unnecessary opening in the fridge door. Moreover, to check for the food cooking in the oven, turn-on the lights instead of opening the oven door.
5. To better facilitate indoor lighting, allow for the natural light from the sun to penetrate the house by opening the windows. It doesn’t only allow light to come-in but also the air, so it can eliminate the use of lights and electric fans or air conditioner during day time.
6. Use appliances that are designed to save energy like refrigerators that offers high efficiency which in turn does not waste energy. Air conditioners, on the other hand can be replaced by electric fans. Incandescent bulbs can be replaced by CFL that exhibits longer life than the latter. Moreover, it also enables greater energy saving than the incandescent bulb.
7. Employ new technologies that offer great energy savings like LED Lights. LEDs are designed to replace incandescent bulbs, CFLs and other conventional lighting system. LED Lighting offers quality lighting while enables power saving because it utilizes lesser power and emits negligible amount of heat. It also lasts for an extended period of time even if used 24/7. It doesn’t only enable great energy saving but also no hazard on disposing, and therefore, environmentally friendly unlike the CFLs that contains mercury.
There are still a lot more practical ways on reducing power bill, one just have to be dedicated and consistent of exercising those basic but proven practical ways. Recording previous bills can be used to keep track on the development and savings made.
No related posts.