LED Sport Lights
Sports facilities are shifting to LED sports lights in a big way. The multiple advantages of low power consumption, impact resistance, long service life, low maintenance requirement, excellent light levels and light uniformity make them the ideal choice for any sports venue.
Excellent light Quality
Modern sports require bright yet uniform lights. Digital image capture systems perform best under bright and uniform light conditions. LED sports lights easily produce an illumination of over 300 Lux against a requirement of 250 Lux for good visual perception (minimum illumination level for the certification of a typical sports arena).
The light emanating from LED sports lights is controlled by lenses. That and the uniform light output of LEDs, ensure excellent uniformity over the sporting arena. Typical uniformity ratios with LED systems at 0.72 or better are appropriate for high intensity sporting events like tennis, ice hockey, basketball, football etc.
Advantages of LED sports lights
- Long life span – 20 + years or 133,000 + hours of life.
- Low maintenance – LEDs drastically cut down on the maintenance requirements of lights. Typical HID Lights require several bulb and ballast replacements over the same life of a LED High Bay.
- High ROI – LED sports lights reduce energy consumption from 50- 80% . Lower operating costs and almost zero maintenance and replacement costs are sufficient to deliver short ROI's (depending on cost of electricity and actual use).
- Vibration resistant solid state lights - LED lights do not have filaments and by their very nature are resistant to shock and vibrations.
- No humming, no flickering – unlike fluorescent light alternatives to high intensity discharge lights, LEDs do not hum or flicker. Flickering light sources are common sources of eye strain and head aches
- No ultra violet light and small infrared signature – LEDs have miniscule UV and infrared signatures. They produce 80% lesser heat than competing technologies. Lower heat translates to greater comfort for spectators and lower loads on HVAC systems.
- Enjoy sports responsibly, with fully recyclable LED Sports lights –HID and fluorescent lighting technologies both employ mercury in the construction of the bulb. LEDs do not have any mercury or other hazardous element. LED sports lights are therefore fully recyclable.
CSA Listed lights, Made in America - with Pride!
Our LED sports lights are CSA listed and are made in the USA. These lights are fully compliant with ARRA “Buy American” requirements. Further, they are DesignLights Consortium Listed and eligible for rebates (rebates vary by utility company)
Determine the right LED sports light for your need from the replacement chart below
Lighting for Hockey Rinks
My LED Lighting Guide can help you choose the right LED Light for Hockey Rinks and Indoor soccer stadiums. We are able to produce photometric designs that allow us to determine the foot candles available before any light is purchased.