Want to convert your G24 Lights to E26 base?
- Convert G23 2 pin or G24 2 pin or G24 4 pin to E26.
- Horizontal or Vertical Adapters available.
- Remove existing ballast prior to installation.
- Call us for details.
LED PL Bulbs are replcements for Compact Fluorescent PL Bulbs. PL is an acronym for Plug In lamp, and these lights have special bases. Behind the scenes, compact fluorescent bulbs also have a ballast that is used to drive the lights.
Here is a list of bases that make up the family of PL Bulbs
The most common bases are G23 and G24 bases, G23 GX23, GX24 and G24.
Why Convert from Compact Fluorescent to LED Bulb G23 and G24 Lights?
- Typical energy savings is about 50%. So it is not uncommon to replace a 22W CFL PL bulb with a 11W LED PL
- No ballast. Our customers have told us that when a PL bulb fails, it produces a smell that is similar to a burned smell. Converting over to PL LED Bulbs allows you to remove the ballast.
- 50000 hours of rated life. You will be on your third set of CFL bulbs before you will have to replace the LED PL bulb.
Converting to E26 Base
My LED Lighting Guide offers base conversions from PL Base to E26. This allows you to convert over to more traditional style bulbs, like PAR or BR style bulbs,