MyLEDLightingGuide offers LED Retrofit Kits that allows you to replace the Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium or Mercury Vapor bulbs and ballasts in your existing fixtures. Retrofitting is no more difficult than a bulb and ballast replacement. Our kits are designed to screw into the existing socket (E26 or E39) and is designed to retrofit many common HID fixtures, such as High Bays, Canopy Garage Fixtures, Wall Packs, Flood Lights, Street Lights, High Masts and more. The basic criteria is that your existing fixture has to be large enough to accommodate the LED retrofit kit. The experts at MyLEDLightingGuide.com will help you decide whether our retrofit kits are right for you.
To see our complete list of retrofit solutions that allows us to convert Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium or Mercury Vapor and allow you to keep your fixture, Click Here.
What are the steps to retrofit an existing HID Fixture?
- Turn off the power to the existing fixture
- Remove the bulb and ballast from the fixture.
- Remove the reflector (assuming that the reflector is not part of the fixtures waterproof seal).
- Install the LED driver in the location of the HID ballast. Wire the driver to the electrical wire that was used to power the ballast..
- Install the LED Retrofit head. Wire the output of the driver to the two wires on the LED head (Note: the socket is used to hold the LED Retrofit head. The driver is wired directly to the LED Retrofit head)
- Aim the head in the fixture to where you want the light distributed
- Remove the plastic cover protecting the head. It is only meant to protect the LEDs during transportation.
- Turn the power back on.
Note: you can use motion detectors and daylight sensors with our LED Retrofit heads. It will NOT affect the life of the LED product.
What are the available voltages?
We have 2 driver options
However, on our DesignLights Consortium listed heads, only the 100-277V driver is available. If you have higher voltage than 277V, we can also supply a small step down transformer
Can you dim a LED retrofit?
Yes, we can provide an optional dimmable driver. It is a 0-10V driver, and is compatible with 0-10V switches or control systems.
What LED Retrofit Kits are available and what will they replace?
Top 3 Reasons you should convert with LED Retrofits