LED lights have conquered many frontiers – retail displays, refrigerator lighting, office lighting, fluorescent tube replacement, spotlights, wall washers and many others. Government guidelines and the availability of stimulus funds have helped, but the biggest boost has come from enlightened customers who have understood the need to cut energy use and reduce carbon dioxide and mercury emissions.
Gone are the days when energy efficient lights were seen as an avoidable expense. More and more corporations, warehouse managers, municipalities and individuals are realizing that energy efficiency measures are a prudent and compulsory investment for sustaining not just their future performance but also the planet and its denizens. After all, it is difficult to argue against high quality lighting products that come with over 80 % cost savings, a decade or more of service life and payback periods as short as a year.
High quality LED lights - “Made in America“
MyLEDLightingGuide has a range of products manufactured right here in United States and not imported from global sweatshops. The value of American manufacturing lies in exceptional quality of our products. Thus while competing products have life spans of 30,000 to 50,000 hours our products manufactured in United states feature an exceptional service life of 200,000 hours. The temperature of the housing is a safe 40 degree centigrade so that you need not worry about accidental scalding of service crews.
LED Stadium Lights
MyLEDLightingGuide has a range of LED sports lights for use in a wide range of applications - Sports Parks, Ball Parks, Stadiums, Ice Rinks or Track and Field Facilities that make for a compelling economic choice.
||Light Output Replaces
|100 W 9020
||400 W HID
|200 W 18040
||800 W HID
|300 W 27060
||1000 W HID
|400 W 36080
||1200 W HID
* Assuming 100 lights used for an average of 10 hours per day and electricity charges of $ 0.10 per kWh.
While the energy savings are significant, the maintenance and replacement hassles pack a real punch. MyLEDLightingGuide LED sports light last an unbelievable 200,000 hours. This long life is made possible by a combination of high quality LEDs, LED smart driver, and an efficient cooling solution that limits the temperature of the LEDs to ensure a long hassle free service life.
People who have made the right choice
When the Coca Cola skating rink in North Carolina wanted to project an integrated green solution to the energy intensive sport of ice skating they chose an innovative synthetic surface that obviates the need to use Ice and LED lights to illuminate its displays cutting down their lighting energy use by 90%.
The Ice Line quad rink chose LED lights for general purpose illumination in July 2009 and later in the year in October they selected the ground breaking technology for a second ice rink in their portfolio. The other two rinks and parking lot are likely to follow suit. Their reasons were simple and compelling
- The possibility of receiving a $25,000 Department of Environmental Protection Small Business Energy Grant for meeting energy efficiency targets
- 460 watt HID lamps substituted by an LED technology using barely 100 watts. A reduction in annual lighting costs from $ 38,000 to less than $ 6000 – a precipitous fall of over 75%.
- Improved lighting quality
- No buzz and light that does not yellow over time
- The total cost of the project in 2009 was $123,000 – On the back of reduced energy bills alone, the payback time is less than 3 years and far less with maintenance savings factored in.
- With a life span of 200,000 hours, the life span of the new lights is ten times longer than the routine 20,000 hours of a traditional HID lamp. Annual maintenance savings from each bulb will add roughly $100 to the kitty every year and bring the payback down to less than 1 year.
With LED lights management of sports facilities can take care of far more pressing tasks than merely counting blown out bulbs.
Why not Fluorescent lights?
Fluorescent lights would reduce power consumption from 460 to 236 Watts. This is a far cry from the 100 watts possible with LED technology. The life of fluorescent tubes is also a quarter of the mammoth 200,000 hours possible with our LED sports lights.
Reliability of lights is a vital feature for sports lights. Imagine a light blowing out in the middle of a performance in the ice rink! When it comes to providing hassle free service no light can match an LED.
How can LED sports lights make a difference to your facility?
1) LED retrofits are available to suit any requirement
- Fluorescent Tubes (T-12, T-8 or T-5)
- Incandescent bulbs
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) bulbs
- Mercury Vapor Lamps
- Metal Halide Lamps
- High Pressure Sodium Bulbs
- Low Pressure Sodium Bulbs
2) LED lights are aesthetically pleasing and have the fastest rates of return of any energy efficiency measure you can implement.
3) LEDs are the most capable lights when it comes to withstanding physical shocks – making them ideal for use as outdoor lights.
4) LEDs have far better CRI and scotopic illumination than any other high intensity discharge bulb on the market today. Better light quality translates to greater comfort for the players, viewing pleasure for the audience and energy savings and more satisfied customers for sports facilities managers.
5) Flicker free light not affected by drops in ambient temperature.
Where can LED lights be used?
LED light can be installed almost anywhere. Their small profile enables LEDs to be installed in the smallest alcoves. While LED sports lights are meant primarily for use in sports arenas they can be used in multiple applications – both indoors and outdoors. Some of the LED exterior and interior lighting applications of LED lights are
LED Exterior lighting applications
- Parking areas
- Pathway illumination
- Street lighting
- Perimeter lighting
- Fountain illumination
Interior lighting applications
- Manufacturing and assembling facilities
- Halls / Auditoriums
- Waiting areas / lobbies and other similar areas
- Sports areas – skating rinks, gymnasiums, stadiums etc
- Office lighting
This list presents only a partial picture of the versatility and diversity of applications of LED lights. Given their cost saving potential, installing LED lights is similar to adding an additional stream of income to your finances. Choose wisely - add an earning member to your team and experience the true value of modern lighting technology with the best outdoor LED lighting devices from MyLEDLightingGuide.